Shrewsbury Youth and Family Services School Wraparound Components
- All services are overseen by an independently licensed clinician (LICSW)
- SYFS staff will provide support to families identified and referred by the school district
- Services include crisis management, linkages to other supportive services, assistance with problem solving and communication with other professional and natural supports.
- Brief individual or family counseling may also be offered in certain circumstances. Length of time with a family will be dependent on the unique needs of each case.
- SYFS staff will maintain regular contact with school personnel and attend school meetings, as needed.
- Services may be provided in the school, home, or community based location that is most comfortable to the client/family
Typical Wraparound Clinician Activities
- Referrals to state agencies, such as Department of Mental Health or Department of Developmental Services and assistance with gathering needed documentation for those applications.
- Support in navigating the state’s child mental health systems, including CBHI services and various levels of care
- Completing applications for MassHealth, which is often needed to access certain services, such as CBHI services including In-Home Therapy or Intensive Care Coordination.
- Referrals for outpatient therapy, Applied Behavioral Analysis, neuropsychological evaluations, psychiatric care
- Care coordination and communication with a student’s school, outside mental health and medical providers, and any involved state agencies
- Support families in working with DCF, DYS, or the court
*Coordinate with schools and mental health providers to develop plans to address school refusal
- Maintain regular contact with the school district’s “Wraparound Point Person” to ensure concerns are addressed in a timely manner and services are continually improving
- Accurate documentation of all activities
School Support Services
SYFS has strong partnerships with the communities we serve and work in collaboration with schools to provide wraparound services to families with acute needs who need additional support.